Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do You Have the Winter Sniffles?

Hello! It is challenge time again at the All That Scraps Challenge Blog and this week we want to see Tissue Covers!! (if you haven't made one before, there is a tutorial HERE on Splitcoaststampers). I tend to make "just cards" but I made several of these during the Holidays as gifts. This one is for my daughter who loves light purple and "flying unicorns" as she calls them!



To make my "flying unicorn" I cut the wings off of the new Sweet November Pegasus Breezy and glued them to Meadow's back. I think she looks really cute with wings! The papers are from an old DCWV paper pack that I am hoarding! The top background piece is a piece of dark purple cardstock that has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder that I first painted with Coffee Bean Glimmer Glam. It has a sort of bronze-y sheen to it. The label piece at the opening of the tissue box is covered with Platinum Stickles. I really like that color when I am going for metallic because it is sort of gold and silver at the same time. The flowers were die cut out of Tim Holtz Grunge paper (thinner than the Grungeboard, but with the same feel. I think it kind of feels like leather) and painted with Twinkling H2O watercolors.

The Details:
Stamps: Breezy and Meadow (Sweet November) from All That Scraps
Paper: DCWV, Elegant Eggplant (SU), Lavender Lace (Retired SU) White for image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: BV000, BV01,BV02
Misc: Cuttlkebug Embossing Folder, Tattered Angels Coffee Bean Glimmer Glam, Platinum Stickles, Sizzix Leaf die, Flower die (PTI), Twinkling H2O watercolors, Brads with gems?

I hope you will get a chance to play with us this week! There is always a prize up for grabs - all you need to do to be eligible to win is to use one of the MANY stamps available at All That Scraps and link your creation to the ATS Challenge Blog by next Tuesday at 10 PM EST! Good luck and have fun!!

:-)Traci

7 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

ADORable! Love the details and the fab colors. The top wouldn't cooperate when I tried to make it but your whole box was fabulous, LOVE it!

Lau W said...

Oh fabulous, love this box, a beauty !
xxx

Angela said...

Please forgive me for taking so long to stop by. I ahve so much to catch up on here.
I LOVE THIS TISSUE BOX and I bet your daughter loved it too. I never bought that paper because I was afraid to cut it up so I just never bought it. It was all too pretty to cut up.
But after seeing your tissue box using it I may have to buy it now.
Hugs:)
Angela

Mimi said...

Gorgeous box Traci! The colors are so elegant and pretty papers too! Love the altered Breezy...so sweet! and the top flowers are beautiful! Bet your daughter loves it! ;)

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous box!!! This is just stunning.

Danni said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors!

Amy said...

This is perfect, love the color and the mystical feel of this and who wouldn't love flying unicorns! I always enjoy seeing your alterations, they're spectacular!