Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Couple of Pretty Fairies

Hi! I have made some cards today with images from ching chou kuik's Sheet 25, Plate 70 from Sweet Pea Stamps. Her artwork is so much fun to color!

This first card uses the image Fairies Little Companion. This was an image I could not wait to get - I fell in love with books like The Dragonlance Chronicles and The Dragonriders of Pern series when I married my husband (he introduced me to the Fantasy book genre!) and this makes me think of those times!

The Details:
Stamp: Fairies Little Companion - ching chou kuik (Plate 70) from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: My Minds Eye, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink), Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky (Stampin Up), white for image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,E13,R00,R20
Hair and Dragon: YG00,YG03 (both w/RV10 over) YG95,YG97
Clothes and Wings: BG10,BG11,BG72,BG75,BG78
Misc: Cricut (Cartridge Cindy Loo), Spellbinders Nestabilities, Darice Gems, Stardust Stickles


For the second card I used the image Peachy Pink Fairy. This has nothing to do with how I colored her or made the card, but don't you think in the drawing she looks like Christina Applegate? I kept thinking that as I colored her!! The frame is cut out using my Cricut on Grungeboard. That was my first time using Grungeboard and it felt like thick leather to me. I liked it! I painted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam afterward so it is sparkly black.


The Details:
Stamp:Peachy Pink Fairy - ching chou kuik (Plate 70) from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, Black (Papertrey Ink),, white for image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,E13,R00,R20
Hair and Wings: B32,B34
Clothes: R81,R83,R85 w/RV10 over
Flower: Y15,Y08,Y17,YG23,YG25
Misc: Cricut (Cartridge Cindy Loo - I think!), Darice Gems, Stardust Stickles, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

I hope your day is magical!
:-)Traci

3 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Both cards are stunning. Great work as always.

Amy said...

These are beautiful Traci, love the colors you've used on them! Makes me wish for spring even more!

Christine Riley said...

These are gorgeous Traci, what beautiful coloring!
Hugs, Christine