Thursday, December 2, 2010

Poinsettia Fairy

Hi! I have another Christmas Card to show you today using a gorgeous image from chin-chou kuik's plate 60. This one is called Poinsettia Fairy. All four of the images on this sheet are stunning and I intend to make Christmas cards with all of them (although they can be purchased individually, too).


I almost always get my color palette from the paper I choose, and this was no exception. I colored the image with Copics and then added some sparkle with both Stickles and a Sakura Clear Stardust glitter pen. The background is one sheet of paper - I cut a slit in the paper that is covered up with the image panel and cut along the edge of the ornament so I could slide the image slightly underneath it. The sentiment is cut from another piece of paper in the same line, then I went over the letters with the glitter pen.


The Details:
Stamp: Poinsettia Fairy - chin-chou kuik (Plate 60) - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Bo Bunny, Prism Purple, White for image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,R00,R20
Hair: FV2 (Lightened with a Copic Blender), V000
Flowers: BG000,BG02 both w/T0 over them,E47,FV2
Clothes and Wings: YG21,YG23,YG25,E47,E49,V12,V15,V17,FV2
Background: G20 w/E40 over, BG000, FV2
Misc: Recollections Pearls, Stardust Stickles, Sakura Clear Stardust Pen


:-)Traci

5 comments:

Mette said...

Oh My - this is a stunning card. Love the colours and elements used and a truely lovely coloured image.

Hugs, Mette

Kelly Booth said...

This is just Breathtaking traci....Wow....LOVE her!

scrapn_momof2 said...

As always your cards are stunning. This one is just plain GORGEOUS!!

Amy said...

What a wonderfully beautiful Christmas card this is Traci! Your coloring is magical as always and I'm loving that paper you used too! :)

Angela said...

Gorgeous non-traditional Christmas paper!! LOVE IT!! Her hair is so lush and her wings are so sparkly and beautiful!! If you are like me you are way behind on making Christmas cards.
Hugs:)
Angela