Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Have a Fintastic Tuesday!

Hi Everyone! How is your week so far? Mine is moving along just fine..... My daughter has taken swimming lessons for the past year or so. It's the only sport-type activity she really likes, although she's not on the swim team or anything. She has not advanced to that point yet. With her lessons you pay for the next month right at the end of the current lessons, but the lessons don't always start and end at the same time each month. Because of how it's done, it is sometimes hard to get in to the next session if your not already signed up (if that makes any sense). This is a very long story to say I took her out of lessons in December because we were going on vacation and it took me until now to get her back in. She had her first swim class since November yesterday and she is so excited to be back in the water. So when I came home, I had to stamp this little fishy!


I had so much fun making this card. It was one of those times where everything just came together so easily and I am so happy with the finished card! The DP is K&Co, the cardstock is SU - Kiwi Kiss and Night of Navy, and the ribbon is SU. The seaweed was made with a Martha Stewart oak leaf punch and I used Dew Drops and Crystal Effects for the bubbles. The fish and the sentiment were colored with Copics:

Y35, Y38, YR04, YR07, YR09, R27, R29

Thanks for stopping by!
Traci

6 comments:

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love, love your pretty fish! And what a fun scene you created!
Glad your daughter is back to swimming!

Kim said...

So pretty I like the kelp and your fish is just a gorgeous color.

Mary Giles said...

This is colored soooo beautifully. I used to keep fancy goldfish and this reminds me of them. I feel like I need to go to the pet store now.

Maria said...

Hey Traci. . .wow, your fishie looks so vibrant and that orange color is so pretty! Love how you added the plants to give a scenary look to the card! Beautiful job!

My daughter took swimming lessons when she was younger but she couldn't advance because she refused to put her face under water! LOL!!

Maria

kadie said...

I posted in the galleria (or was it on SCS) about this card but I have to give a big shout out here too. THIS IS the definition of FINTASTIC!! I love it!! You always use the most amazing color palettes and the addition of the fronds as seaweed is perfection!

Janna said...

And this is why you are a genius! I love the way you did the seaweed and the fantastic scene you created with the fish and the papers! So, so cool!! i can't believe it has taken you this long to get your daughter back into lessons! Wow! they must be pretty popular but I am so glad your daughter enjoys them!

smiles,
janna