Monday, March 30, 2009

Anya Welcomes Spring!

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a really fun Girl Scout event on Saturday where the girls got to meet women from different Construction career fields. The girls got to hammer nails, use a drill, and bend electrical conduit!

I have two cards today, and both of them are celebrating Spring. (I have a ways to go before it will be anything like Spring here, but there's nothing like wishful thinking!) I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I don't usually use very many embellishments. Well, I have a confession to make - it's not because I don't love them. I am in awe of the card makers who have perfect clusters of strategically placed flowers on their cards, or have everything tied up with the perfect bow. I have an embellishment disability. They never look right where I place them, so almost every time I put them on I end up pulling them off. But I have decided I am really going to put more effort into embellishing my cards!


For the first card I used Miss Anya from The Greeting Farm. She is popped up on layers of DP by Prima. I bought the brads last year and I think they are Making Memories - I took them out of the package and put them in my brad storage containers! The ribbon is also from at least a year ago and is something I got for $1 at Micheals. I just typed the sentiment and printed from the computer. I colored her with Copics:

Skin: E50, E53, RV21
Hair: Cream Prisma, Y21, Y26, E33
Clothes: BG32, BG34, BG49 (I put these coors down first but they were a bit too green, so I went over them wth B02, B05, B09)
Flowers:RV32, RV34, R85, YG03, YG17
Shadows: c1, C3



My second card uses Pretty Hat Anya by The Greeting Farm. The DP is Sultry by Basic Grey. The flowers are all Prima except the bottom layer of the flower on the hat, which is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The leaves are also from a Martha Stewart punch. I used two rhinestone brads and the rest of the "sparklys" are Swarovski crystals from the jewelry making section of the craft store. The sentiment was typed on the computer and printed out. Her hat and top are paper pieced and the rest is colored with Copics:

Skin: E00, E02, RV21
Skirt: RV32,RV34,R85
Hair:E30,E74,E77,E79

Thanks for visiting today! I hope it's warm where you are!
Traci

3 comments:

MichelleO said...

Two great cards! Love that paper pieced hat!
HUGS
MichelleO

Meli Palmer said...

These are just precious. I need the pretty hat Anya. She is too cute.

Janna said...

Traci these are adorable!!! So fresh and springy and the coloring is stunning with a capital S!!!! I love the embellishments! You did a great job of placing in them in the right spots! I would have never have known you were embellishment "disabled" LOL! Sounds like a great weekend!

Smiles,
janna